Diabetes Education Empowerment Program
FREE Classes! These classes will be offered at the library on the following dates in February from 6-8 p.m. EST: February 4, 11, 18 & 25. All dates are Tuesday nights. Call the Library to register.
Join us for diabetes self-management training designed to:
- Educate on how to best control blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels;
- Empower you to establish relationships with your primary care provider;
- Encourage better nutrition and regular exercise;
- Encourage lifestyle changes that lead to the reduction in the number of diabetes complications ( heart disease, blindness, nerve damage, etc.)
and limb amputations; and
- Express the importance of developing support networks of family, friends, and existing community-based social services.